Tinipak River: Indulge in Nature

It's never too late for that one last hirit before the year ends! Especially now with the breezy weather, going on a trek or maybe climb a mountain will definitely relax and free your mind.

Last February, I decided to make it a month of adventures since it was my birth month. One of the places that I went to was Tinipak river at Tanay, Rizal. Rizal has so much to offer! You could climb different mountains like the famous ones Mt. Daraitan, Mt. Binacayan, Mt. Pamintinan, etc. or if you're not in the mood for some leg work out, you could visit Tinipak river, Daranak falls, Calinawan cave, etc. Yes, all these in Rizal! The thing that I love whenever my friends set an adventure in Rizal is its accessibility. Since I live near Rizal, one jeepney ride is enough!


πŸ“LOCATION


🚘HOW TO GET THERE

From Ortigas or Cainta or Shaw Blvd
  • ride a jeepney bound to Tanay
  • go down at Tanay Public market
  • from Tanay public market ride a tricycle bound to Brgy. Daraitan
  • drop off at Daraitan river (when we went there, there's no need to ride a raft to cross the river)
  • ride another tricycle and drop off at the Baranggay Hall


πŸ“TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS

πŸ“ŒGo on a weekday instead of a weekend- we were told that the weekends are usually jam packed with different groups and the place would not be as peaceful and relaxing with all the noise

πŸ“ŒPrepare to get dirty- Especially now with the cold weather, expect that the trail will be muddy

πŸ“ŒBring extra clothes and slippers- You might want to change afterwards

πŸ“ŒThere are sari sari stores around- If you forget to bring some snacks, there are sari sari stores along the way. And there is also a karinderya located at the camp site where you could order the famous lomi after a tiring hike.

πŸ“ŒChanging stalls/ showers are available- there are several changing stalls near the Tinipak River's campsite or showers near the baranggay hall


The trek going to Tinipak river wasn't that tiring. It would take you at least 1-1.5 hrs to reach the river from the baranggay hall.  Of course for someone maarte like me it would take a little bit longer than usual with all the pit stops for some photo ops hahaha

Midway to the main river, you would come across the Tinipak river's campsite where you have to pay an environmental fee amounting to 20 pesos each. Perfect time to eat some snacks! We tried Tinipak's famous lomi. Not bad for 35 pesos. Very sulit!
Our very friendly and supportive tour guide! I guess he's been doing it for quite a long time since he knows all the "ig-worthy" places and angles! Kudos kuya!

After hours of trekking..... tada!!!
 Isn't she lovely?



During our trek, since the weather is very breezy, my friend and I  said, "ang sarap mag muni muni". Well that's true hahaha since this was a pre birthday trek, I can't help but think, what's in it for me after 21 years of existence?

It has been a tough year, and I have conquered way too many storms. Indeed I am thankful for those who has been my rock and constantly pushing me to be the best version of myself. Everyday is always a new fight, a crazy adventure, a rollercoaster ride. And I am more than thrilled to face them all. 
 "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
Yep, here's to 22 years of crazy!


Till our next adventure!

1 comment

  1. Good article and photos.... Read also an article about the tranquil Li River in Guilin , China, in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-journey-along-li-river.html
    Watch also in youtube https://youtu.be/Dk3oSC17xdo

    ReplyDelete

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.