Retrospect

5012 P. Burgos Ave, Makati, 1210 Metro Manila, Philippines
"The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you've come."

 This 50's themed diner located within the busy district of Makati is best for a nostalgic throwback to the past. Along the crazy lights of P burgos street, this diner and its aesthetics filled with rare and random vintage stuff making every corner ig-worthy.


It's like one of those American movies where traveller's take a pit stop and chill the afternoon away, this diner is my new favorite go-to place since they serve all-day breakfast  and their menu consists mostly ribs, steaks, burgers, and milkshake. 


So why retrospect? Well, it's been a year since drastic changes in my life happened; leaving my nursing career and travel episodes, starting med school, moving out of my hometown to an unknown place, being away from my family, numerous mental breakdowns, seeing friends come and go.... yup, it's a lot to take in. 

I often get this question from my friends, "okay ka pa ba?" "tao ka pa ba?" "pahinga ka naman" "pakita ka naman" "namiss ka namin!" "kinain ka na ng sistema". Truth is, I missed myself too. Somewhere along the process of chasing after my ultimate dream, I lost a part of me.



I guess it's part of growing up, losing the unnecessary baggage and accepting that life is not a garden full of roses. I thought I was already tough enough, but I guess I was wrong. But hey, why focus on things you failed to accomplish? I didn't come this far just to get this far. I have a long journey to go, and believe me, this is not yet 10% of it.

I am anticipating for worse things to happen, it's a given fact since I chose this career path. But looking back in the past and overcoming different challenges, I think that's one the sweetest rewards pain has brought me- standing up ten times greater.


Don't be afraid to fall, just stand and don't forget that there are a lot of people willing to pull you back up. That's the part where I can say that I am truly blessed. A solid support system while crawling my way through school has definitely made it somehow bearable and fun. They told me, "just trust the process". And since then, things felt lighter.
Live for the good days by learning from the bad ones. Remember, even bad days last up to 24 hrs only.

Black cropped top(fashion blvd) | Light wash high-waist ripped shorts (Greenhills) All white leather sneakers (Topshop)

Photographed by: Ela Casabuena


2 comments

  1. That's an interesting place. It seems like you're warped back in time.
    Another thing, nice set of photos. They make us experience a taste of how beautiful that place is... Di rin pahuhuli si the blogger herself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super ganda ng place as in! Very vintage talaga yung feels and you can't help but take photos and awra hahahaha thank you for reading through my post! Have a nice day!!!��

      Delete

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.