A Quick Escape to Antipolo


Wanting to go to a good cafe with the perfect ambiance away from the city noise without having to go through the hassle traffic of SLEX? Well this blog post is for you. 

Living in Ortigas and always wanting to go to Tagaytay just for a cup of coffee is kinda nervewracking. Haha. Considering the volume of vehicles passing through Ortigas ave, then C5, then SLEX, yepppp, I'm not that patient to waste my time stuck in traffic.

Having to go to highschool in the province of Rizal, it really sucks that I didn't even notice how developed this province is getting through time. There are a lot of food establishments that you could go to over the weekend. And also a lot of cafes where you could just slack off and think! And the traffic that you have to deal with is very minimal. Besides the fact that Rizal lies on the outskirts of the city, it is very accessible and the mode of transportation is very cheap. You don't have to spend hundreds for uber because a jeepney or fx drive is very convenient. (Hello budget-friendly food trips)

Here is my quick escape to the beautiful city of Antipolo

📍PINTO ART MUSEUM
*how to get there
take an fx/jeepney bound to Antipolo simbahan
go down at Ynares center
take a jeep going to Shopwise
go down at Grand heights subdivision
take a tricycle going to Pinto Art Museum

Of course, this place will always be on top of my list. Many people would say 'pinto art nanaman?' 'nakakasawa naman' 'hay nako ang mainstream', well guys, there is a reason why this place is mainstream. The architecture is very promising as if you are taking a short trip at paradise. Trust me, the inner artist in me went wild.

Here are some photos from the place..



I also placed quotations on some of my favorite pieces. Art comes to life hahaha



One of the reasons why Pinto Art has a place in my heart is because this was where I was roaming around the day PRC released the results of the board exams. (#RN)




There is a Cafe in Pinto Art Museum where you could just rest and have merienda; a break from exploring the different galleries.



📍YELLOW LANTERN CAFE

*how to get there
take an fx/jeepney bount to Antipolo simbahan
tell the driver to bring you over to the fx terminal near Antipolo church
take an fx bound to Sumulong highway
go down at Comoda Ville


We went here during a Sunday. This place is perfect for those who loves breakfast food with a perfect view of the city. To be honest, I am not a morning person. But when I started to work in a coffee shop and noticed the silence and the calm of the morning and how peaceful it is to sip a cup of coffee without hearing much noise from all the responsibilities, yes, I love mornings now. Haha.



What I got myself; a classic Filipino breakfast dish; Fried bangus, Fried rice, with sweetened banana on the side. YUM YUM!

During the night, they also offer some booze perfect for those wanting to dose off after a stressful time at work.

📍YELLOW BIRD CAFE AND KITCHEN
*how to get there
take an fx/jeepney bound to Antipolo simbahan
go down at Ynares center
take a jeep going to Shopwise
go down at Shopwise
take a tricycle going to Mission Hills

This cafe offers a variety of food. But we only went here for dessert. Huhu, I promise to post the menu soon. What I love about this cafe is the different choices of dessert they have. From cakes, to brownies, to revel bars, etc. Besides the dessert choices, they also have a variety of espresso drinks you can choose from; lattes, over iced espresso drinks, frappes, etc.


What makes this place famous nowadays to those looking for ig-worthy cafes is this wall designed explicitly giving that homey ambiance.
And of course, I took advantage of it and made an outfit post. Will be posting it soon!



What I got myself; chocolate caramel cake, salted caramel latte.

📍EGGS FOR BREAKFAST

*how to get there
take an fx/jeepney bount to Antipolo simbahan
tell the driver to bring you over to the fx terminal near Antipolo church
take an fx bound to Sumulong highway
go down at Villa Cecilia Subdivision
walk straight up and when you get to the end of the street, turn left.


This cafe is hidden in the beautiful garden of Velada Estates. It is a tiny yet cozy place to have breakfast with a relaxing garden view outside.


When you enter the garden, the beauty of these hanging umbrellas will catch your eye right away.


I love how the nature-loving ambiance lightens up my mood despite the sultry weather.


What I got myself; American breakfast; Buttermilk pancakes, sweetened sliced bacon, and sunny side up eggs. * two thumbs up for those pancakes!*


There's more to Antipolo City that is yet to be discovered. Don't limit yourself with those famous yet so far away cafes outside the city. A budgetarian yet quick escape from reality will always come in handy in your busy schedule. Hope you guys liked my current top picks of Antipolo's hidden beauty. 





Post a Comment

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.