Mt. Pamitinan: A quick guide for first timers


Located in the heart of Montalban Rizal are several mountains frequented by hikers. One of the most memorable climbs I had was this one in Mt. Pamitinan.


πŸ“LOCATION

🚘HOW TO GET THERE
  • Ride a jeep bound to Montalban, Rizal
  • Go down at Eastwood, Montalaban, Rizal
  • Take a tricycle to Sitio Nino, Brgy. Wawa

πŸ“TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS

πŸ“ŒATTIRE- Wear something that you would be comfortable to move with. Forget aesthetics! For me, I am most comfortable wearing a muscle tee and a pair leggings since I was anticipating for a hot weather

πŸ“ŒSHOES- I admit that I wasn't wearing an appropriate footwear! Haha. I wasn't informed that the trail was gonna be filled with sharp edges that we have to climb and uneven rocks that we have to walk on. So friendly tip, do your research and wear rubbershoes!

πŸ“ŒGO EARLY- If you want your climb to be worth it, start your trek as early as 5:00 am just in time to witness the Sea of Clouds❤️

πŸ“ŒGLOVES- This was my best buddy for the day! I mentioned that there were a lot of sharp edges along the way, and a pair of hiking gloves helped a lot! I bought mine for only Php 100 at the registration area of the baranggay prior starting our trek.

πŸ“ŒBAGS AND THINGS- I would advise you to pack lightly because the difficulty level of this mountain was a 7/10 for me.

πŸ“ŒWATER- Bring lots of water and stay hydrated! It's a 4 hour ascend to the summit and another 4 hours descending the mountain.




With my adventure buddy @thenurseoffduty

START OF THE TRAIL
We started our adventure at around 5am because we wanted to witness the Sea of Clouds. According to our guide, it is rare to catch a glimpse of the Sea of Clouds because during this time since there is minimal rainfall. But luckily, during the week of our climb, the weather was in favor of us and with a little added effort of being at the registration area at 4:30 in the morning, we got to see the Sea of Clouds.




☁️FIRST STOP: THE SEA OF CLOUDS

Look at that beauty. Definitely another ✔️ off my bucketlist!


πŸ“ΈSECOND STOP: BUWIS BUHAY SHOT!
One of the famous spots Pamitinan is known for is where hikers take their "buwis-buhay" shots. At first I was super hesitant because the scaredy cat in me kicked in. Hahaha but eventually, I knew that I didn't want to miss the chance so with much adrenaline, I went for it!
 Casually holding on to my dear life.

We were already midway and so we decided to rest for a bit before continuing on to the summit. And rest means....unlimited photo ops!




⛰THIRD STOP: THE SUMMIT
The most difficult part of this climb was bouldering through several sharp edges and steep rocks just to get to the summit. I underestimated the level of difficulty most online reviews stated. They said it was a 4/10 for Filipino hikers. But I am giving it a 7/10! I didn't expect that there was gonna be a lot of arms and legs workout. I was on the verge of giving up but I was already halfway there, so I really had no choice. 

Before getting to the summit, there is this large rock that you have to climb by pulling yourself up using a rope (instant biceps-triceps work out!).
The struggle is r-e-a-l !

But just like any other climb, the summit will always leave you speechless❤️
Namaste❤️


Conquering Mt. Pamitinan was something way out of my comfort zone. Yes, it might have been difficult, but every pain was worth it in the end. Sometimes you just have to take risks and make bold decisions to see that you are more than your doubts. Go beyond limits. What's waiting for you in the end is more than your expectations.
Til our next adventure!

xx,

3 comments

  1. Am jelly with your photos and adventures... hahaha I miss climbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading through my latest blog post! Summer season is coming I think one of the adventures that you could do is hiking again! ❤

      Delete
    2. buti pa kayo may sea of clouds.

      Delete

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.