10 things 2017 has taught me




1. You’re too young to have it all planned out
Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing to write down your plans, but given the young age that you have now, it's okay when plans don't go the way you thought it would, or don't get frustrated when it doesn't fall according to your timeline. Life is long and quite surprising at times. A lot could change in a day! So chill and don't pressure yourself too much.


2. Be a better version of yourself
Always strive for something better! Never settle for less. Challenge yourself to overcome your fears, try something new, discover what else are you capable of doing! And it will come a time that all your "akala ko di ko kaya" turn in to "kaya ko pala".

3. Forgive yourself for failing
Last 2017, I was on fire and very much eager to start with med school. With a handful of reading materials, over caffeinated body, and a series of mental breakdowns, I was lucky I survived with an ounce of sanity at the end of the semester. And I what I learned, it's okay to fail. It's not that you're accepting defeat and willing to quit the game. But rather how you bounce back from failing, and how you redeem yourself afterwards is what will matter. Dwell on it for 10 minutes, give it a good cry, but suck it up and move on.





4. Do more for yourself and spend less time impressing people
You can't please everyone and it's not an obligation to sell yourself out trying to fit in. Living in such a superficial world, it is inevitable to want to be in a clique. But for me, I'd rather have quality friends rather than be part of a big group of non sense. Substance over porma. Lol. 





5. Stay low key, not everyone has to know everything about you
This is kinda ironic for a blogger. But with this, you just have to put certain limitations. You owe yourself some privacy. Ranting on your social media account about a certain person, a colleague, about work, is very unprofessional. It makes you unapproachable and people could even judge you even if they haven't met you yet.





6. Eliminate toxic relationships.
If it doesn't give you any good, drop it, leave it. You can't force yourself in relationships that would hinder your growth. It's not gonna work out in the long run. Same with some friendships, if it's starting to be a big pain in the ass, and you don't get the support system you're seeking for, leave it. People come and go, you just have to know which ones are worth staying for.




7. Numbers don’t define you.
Being in such a competitive environment a.k.a med school, it is often than not common that people judge you base on the grades you're getting. I'm not a strong believer that high grades measure one's intelligence and capabilities. You can be top of the class but outside the classroom you can't even get lost in an unknown city. Street smart pa rin dapat. Just a quick trivia, back when I was in gradeschool, I had a general average of 76. I failed my math subject in highschool. Hahaha but look at me now, I earned a college degree, I'm a registered nurse, I earned a job in a neonatal intensive care unit, and now pursuing my degree in doctor of medicine. Numbers are simply figures. Prove them wrong honey.




8. Give yourself a chance.
The world is already cruel, you don't have to be too hard on yourself too. Fight your demons and brave the storms. Give yourself a chance to heal after hurting, laugh after crying, love after getting your heart broken, trust after getting betrayed. You deserve genuine happiness too.



9. Real love doesn’t meet you at your best; it meets you in your mess
Shout out to all my friends who sticked with me through all the ups and downs and the in betweens. With all the stress and mishaps, I tend to push everyone away, but kudos to those hard headed ones who pushed me til the very end and constantly reminded me of what I am capable of. And to those who left me hanging, thank you for leaving because I wouldn't have to waste my time and effort on you haha bitter. But kidding aside, real love is unconditional. Walking away is not an option when things get a little bit messy.





10. Trust Him.
His plans are always the best. You may not get the things you want in an instant, but in His timing, it's always perfect. He wouldn't give you challenges if He knew you wouldn't make it to the finish line. Trust. Pray. Have faith.






Details of my outfit:
Floral rompers (The Ambassador's place) | White and black pointed-toe flats (The Ambassador's place

3 comments

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.