Happy 10 years blogspot!

Has it really been 10 years? Time flew so fast without even realizing that my blog just turned 10++

A bit of a back story...

If we are going to be technical, I've actually been blogging since multiply days and that was around circa 2009. All the night owl sessions tweaking my site and learning how to code HTML lols. I was basically just uploading photos with lengthy captions. Yep, that's blogging for me that time. Then I discovered tumblr in 2010. I started to write even more and treated it like an online journal (which was full of feeeeelings). 

I made my blogspot in 2013 to filter out all the emotional write ups. I was inspired by the true og's-- Laureen Uy, Kryz Uy, Camille Co, Vern + Verniece Enciso, and my idols both in my career and styling, Debbie + Demmie Fermin (twins owning it). 
Lookbook was still a thing back then, plus my teenage crisis days because of the inspos on tumblr, I tried my luck here in blogspot to talk more about fashion and styling.


My 1st header-- a true hipster indeed hahaha



She's indecisive or whut

I haven't been the most consistent blogger (obviously). [I mean I'm celebrating my 10th blogniversary on its 11th year hahahaha] But there were a lot of factors that affected me back then-- social media, judgey people around me, and school stuff. It was never really in my plan to go full time, but I won't deny that I did embraced this side of me. I have always been an artsy fartsy girl. My love for graphic design, editing, journaling, and writing made my blog the perfect avenue to dump my talent and creativity.

I've been on a hiatus during my senior year in college. After graduation and nursing boards, I found myself traveling here and there. My eye for detail and aesthetic was rusty but was still there. And so I decided to make a comeback in 2016.

Since the indecisive girl in me can't really know what I wanted to write about and with constant changes in my thoughts (hence, the delta signs), I placed a tagline on my header beyond limits because I found myself fond of writing about my travels. But I can't really say that I was a travel blogger back then. This was also the year where vlogging is becoming a thing. At the time, it felt like everyone's ditching on writing because it is easier to talk rather than write. And I stayed in the blogosphere since it has already become less suffocating because it's not the trend anymore.

I got more comfortable posting and writing about everything's that going on with my life. I also found myself taking on a new adventure-- entering med school. Reading through my past posts in tumblr, there were countless times that I mentioned and romanticized that med life. 

And during 2017, I revamped my blog for the last time (and this was probably the longest header design I had in my site). Little did I know, I was going to be on hiatus again because finally, I got into med school and it became my life.


Where I've been the past 10 years...
I won't exactly bore you with this update. Let's just take a quick ride down the memory lane on how much have changed since I started this blog.

To be honest, it's kinda cringey looking through my old posts. I mean the balls to actually post to the world every crazy idea I had in mind. But somehow, I'm thanking my 16-year-old self for being such a memory hoarder.

My blogs (tumblr--  my secret life, and blogspot-- my pretend life), have been a witness through all my ups and downs in this rollercoaster ride. Thank you for all the self reflection, keeping my brain dump together, and seeing me grow through the years. Thank you for seeing me reach my dreams and get that MD I've always dreamt of having.


Where do I go from here...
Now that everyone's flocked to different social media platforms, I have less judgement when I write here. I can freely write and express the adventures I'm gonna take on. I am now more comfortable posting here in my blog because truth be told, no one reads anymore. So people will have less to say about my thoughts.

I find comfort knowing that I can be a silent writer here. Not just anyone trying so hard for fame and keeping up with the trends. Just hoarding memories-- one adventure at a time.


xx,
Kea Ortega



Post a Comment

Views

Follow my instagram @kearte.md

KEA ORTEGA. Theme by STS.